S: UNAIDS – http://www.unaids.org/en/Resources/PressCentre/Featurestories/2007/May/20070517intdayagainsthomophobia/ (last access: 6 March 2013); UNESCO – http://www.unesco.org/archives/multimedia/index.php?s=films_details&pg=33&id=1905#.VAgb-6PHl_c (last access: 4 September 2014).
N: 1. homophobic (adj.) by 1971, from homo- (2) “homosexual” + -phobia + -ic. Related: Homophobe; homophobia (which word is said to date from 1969).
2. Dislike of or prejudice against homosexual people. 1960s: from homosexual + -phobia.
3. First Known Use of HOMOPHOBIA: 1969.
Irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals.
- adjective + (n.)homophobia: affective, deep, internalized, polish.
- verb + (n.)homophobia: accuse, address, assess, attribute, base, combat, confront, deal, eradicate, experience, internalize, predict, promote, reinforce, reveal, sanction.
- (n.)homophobia + verb: antigay, associate, bully, contribute, correlate, educate, exist, express, influence, measure, relate.
- noun + (n.)homophobia: ageism, anti-semitism, attribution, bigotry, bullying, harassment, homosexual, homosexuality, intolerance, lesbian, magnitude, misogyny, oppression, prejudice, racism, religiosity, sexism, sexuality, shame, xenophobia.
5. Cultural Interrelation: We can mention the movie Homophobia (2012) directed by Gregor Schmidinger.
S: 1. http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?allowed_in_frame=0&search=homophobia&searchmode=none (last access: 4 September 2014). 2. OD – http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/homophobia (last access: 4 September 2014). 3. MW – http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/homophobia (last access: 19 May 2015). 4. http://www.wordsmyth.net/school/Welbourne/?level=2&rid=19693 (last access: 19 May 2015). 5. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2229908/ (last access: 18 June 2016).
CR: intolerance, phobia.